Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Cricut & Gypsy

Let me start by saying I love my Cricut, but it has always posed some problems that made me not want to use it as much. For example, when trying to cut the basic rectangle you have to measures (length and width), but when putting size into the Cricut there is only one dimension. Will the rectangle cut based off height or length? This is only one problem I encountered using the Cricut. I never knew what the size of my image would be, and so many times I ended up cutting the same image in multiple sizes before I got the right one.

I have been looking at the Gypsy for about a year - trying to decide if it will be worth the cost. My dear husband got it for me as a Birthday present this November. Let me tell you I do not know why I waited so long! I love this machine and it makes me love my Cricut even more. I can see my mat and how and where things will be cut. If I am not sure about the size of an image for a card front, I can simply create a rectangle the size of the card and then adjust the size of the image I want to cut based off of how it looks on the rectangle. Frames are much easier to create since you have control over where things cut on the mat.

Also, have you ever had a cut image that you loved but had some details that you didn't want? Well with the Gypsy certain lines can be deleted, so that they are not cut with the whole image. Using my Cricut is much easier and more efficient with the Gypsy. I suggest everyone gets this little tool - it multiplies your options and thus multiplies the number of images that can be cut from any cartridge. It does not come with a printed handbook, but a "short" electronic copy is provided on the Gypsy. I do suggest taking the time to read it.

Happy Creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment